Dress Code Policy
Statement of Purpose
The Board of Trustees of Canyon Rim Academy believes that a Dress Code Policy is important to teach students about appropriate dress and appearance, to create a level playing field among students, and to ensure that the learning environment is free of distractions.
- Tops must be solid-colored white, navy, light yellow, light blue or classic red.
- Tops may be twill or knit collared shirts with either long or short sleeves, button down shirts with either long or short sleeves, long-sleeved turtleneck shirts, or long-sleeved hoodless sweatshirts.
- Turtlenecks may be worn alone or under any of the other three approved tops.Plain white or navy long-sleeved shirts may be worn underneath a collared uniform shirt, but may not be worn alone.
- Sweatshirts may not be worn alone but must be worn over one of the other three approved tops.
- Boys must wear solid-colored navy or khaki pants or shorts, either with a pleated or plain front, but not cargo pants, denim, nylon, sweat, leather, corduroy or vinyl.
- Girls must wear navy or khaki pants, shorts, skirts, skorts, or capris, either with a pleated or plain front, but not cargo pants, denim, nylon, sweat, leather, corduroy or vinyl.
- Shorts and skorts must be at least 1" longer than the fingertips when the arms are held to the sides.
- Skirts, dresses and jumpers must be no shorter than 2" above the knee when standing.
- The waistband must be worn at or above the hip bones.
- Girls may wear navy or khaki jumpers over collared or turtleneck shirts.
- Girls may also wear solid-colored dresses (with a collar) in one of the uniform shirt colors.
- Dress length must be no shorter than 2" above the knee when standing.
- No flip flops, slippers or shoes with wheels may be worn.
- Otherwise, students may wear any close-toed and close-heeled shoe that allows for the daily activity of school. For example, Crocs brand shoes with an open heel (even with the strap) are not allowed.
Socks, Tights, and Leggings
- Boys must wear white or blue socks having no visible logo. Girls must wear white or blue socks or tights, and may wear white or navy leggings under skirts. skorts or dresses.
- Students may wear accessories that are appropriate for school and not distracting.
- Hats, sunglasses, and bandanas are not to be worn inside the school except for medical or religious purposes.
- No body piercings may be visible except earrings.
- Any makeup worn should be appropriate for school and not a distraction.
- Hair must be kept neat and have a combed appearance.
- Students may wear their hair in any way that is not so extreme in style or color that it distracts from the learning environment.
- The Principal shall have discretion to make decisions regarding dress and grooming in furtherance of this Dress Code Policy.
- This Dress Code Policy will be enforced during school hours, for all before and after school programs, and for field trips and special school activities.
- Students must present a clean, modest, and neat appearance at all times.
- Bottoms and tops shall not have visible logos or insignia, other than school logo wear.
- Other than plain white or navy undershirts worn under tops, underclothing must not be visible.
- Any coat or jacket should be removed upon entering the classroom. Students may wear cardigan sweaters, sweater vests or hoodless sweatshirts in dress code colors: red, navy, light blue, light yellow or white.
- All clothing must be clean, in good repair, appropriately sized, and worn correctly.
School Spirit Days
- The Principal may, from time to time, authorize in advance other types of clothing and/or accessories to wear on a particular school spirit day (pajamas, sports uniforms, school t-shirts, etc.).
- All other grooming, modesty, and other standards will still apply.
Tops and bottoms under this policy may be available for students whose parents need financial assistance in obtaining them. The Principal shall have complete discretion to make decisions regarding assistance.